Monday, July 22, 2013

The Cutoff Jean Shorts - A West Palm Staple

A couple of non trashy ways to wear you jean cutoffs.
You know, when I moved to West Palm Beach, the one thing I noticed local fashionistas sporting was the cutoff jean short.  Coming from Texas, initially I thought they were trashy, yet the shorts have grown on me. Don't get me wrong, plenty of people in Florida wear them and look trashy.  However, after seeing a couple of classy broads donning their cutoffs, I broke down and bought myself a pair.    It is HOT in Florida after all.  

The good thing about jean cutoffs or jean shorts is that you can wear them almost anywhere.  You can put them on with swimsuit and head to the beach or you can pair them with a colorful flirty top for a laid back night at the bars in Lake Worth.   Rock the jean cutoffs with an asymmetrical t-shirt and some flats for the day time or with a fashionable top and a pair of black espadrilles for night.

My look
It's worth noting that the jean cut offs are not for the self conscious. You definitely need tone legs. There are definitely days when I just cannot wear them.  I did feel a bit weird buying a pair in my thirties, but with all the sun, sand and super chill scenes I would feel amiss in West Palm Beach, without a pair of cutoffs to pull out for the summer.  

I cannot decide if I like the look with the pockets showing or not.  What do you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment