Saturday, August 10, 2013

Color Blocking in the Sunshine State

In Palm Beach County, you are a fool if you don't utilize the beach as much as possible.   Along with frequenting the beach, comes frequenting your swim suits.  In Texas, I only had one or two suits max. But here, being so close to the beach my beach fashions are stretched.   Which brings me to color blocking. 

This past Sunday, I had an impromptu trip to the beach.  When it came to what to wear, I had this old aqua bikini top that I wanted to wear, but no bottoms.  So I color blocked the aqua top with a solid brown bottom.  It actually looked fashionable.  To my surprise, I noticed quite a few women with color blocked swim suits; an orange top and nude bottom that was very stylish and sexy. Wait, no not like that!  Though I think the trend works well when you incorporate a color close to your skin color. 

What about color blocking away from the beach?

Color blocking is a national trend right now, and when out and about in West Palm you will see the trendy with color blocked clothes, shoes and nails.  In fact while I was out this week I saw someone who color blocked with a print and it looked quite fabulous.   Actually, I may see if I can incorporate a print alternative into my next attempt at color blocking.  

What do you think about the print addition to the color blocking?

No comments:

Post a Comment