Thursday, October 3, 2013

Using Color in Your Wardrobe

So in addition to me covering fashion  here in South Florida, I would like to give out some tips for the fashionably challenged and just generally.  

As I scanned my Florida wardrobe to pick out an outfit for a party, I realized that I have really stepped it up when it comes to one color; coral.  I have bought multiple coral pieces this season and they are either black, white, tan, or coral.  Or at least in that tone. I use a pop color as my guide when I go shopping.  It's very South Florida. 

After working in retail and styling women's wardrobes for the season, I've realized it's much easier to pick outfits when everything matches.  You can still wear other colors you already own when the mood strikes, but your pop color is a shopping guide. 

Colors of the season are expressed through ready to wear collections across the globe. I pick a trendy color for the season and run with it.  It makes my shopping much less schizophrenic.   When I was younger, I would just buy anything; anything I liked.  Yet now I will not make a purchase, unless it's in my color tone of the season or I just love it.  

Another way color guides me is that I tend to buy a lot of black, white, gray and other base colors which you can wear with any pop color you choose  during any season. 

Now I've got to figure out what I will use as my fall pop color.  What color do you like for fall?




No comments:

Post a Comment