Sunday, December 29, 2013

Holiday Fashions: Part 2



As I previously discussed, we held our annual firm Christmas party this month. And as I said in my previous post, I planned the outfit over a couple of months.  No I didn't buy my dress in September, but I did weigh my color and my styling options. 

Ultimately, I decided to go with a blue dress from H & M because blue is my color for the season. Additionally, I pulled out a pink/nudeish necklace that gave my outfit some dazzle.  This left me with the option of nude for my heals.  I completed the look with a nude headband, that I spruced up with a gold headband with a bow and some bling.  I kept my earrings small and nude, since I was already rocking a giant necklace and wearing hair accessories.  Oh yea, and no jacket! What do you think about my south Florida holiday wear? 

Many of the guests were in cocktail wear, however there were a few who decided to go casual with jeans or office wear. Danielle and Shemeka went with the always classy and classic little black dress (LBD).  They also had the bulky necklaces.   

And then there was the lady in white.  White in the winter you say?  Before moving to Florida, I would have said ONLY if it's winter white. But I loved Janelle's white dress and I do see a lot of white in the winter here.  We played with the zippers on her neckline and the dress became club sexy if you unzipped it a bit.  This option actually came in handy later.

There was another holiday outfit that was worth mentioning, but she missed the holiday party. It was Nia, Danielle's daughter's.  You can see her outfit for her school holiday function to the right.  Don't forget, the kids need a holiday wardrobe too!









No comments:

Post a Comment