Sunday, December 8, 2013

Holiday Fashions Part I

So it's the holidays and while you are gifting, eating and celebrating you will most likely be clothed.  What will you wear?  I always plan outfits for actual holiday's such as Thanksgiving and Christmas, because I know I will be seen.  I usually go for festive, but trendy as opposed to classic and traditional.  But these are not the only days to plan your holiday fashion.  What about holiday parties?

One big event I plan my outfit for is my work Holiday Party. Honestly, I have been planning my outfit for our firm's Holiday party for months.  I've pondered on color, accessories and hair more than I care to admit. But we will save that for next week.

This week, I found myself at another company's Holiday party.  I like to stay professional without sacrificing my style. Additionally, I wanted something that would transition from the office to a holiday party well.   It was Friday, so I went with jeans, a nude shirt with sequins on it and a navy blazer on top. Remember, I've got the blues for the fall/winter.  I'd like to add that the nude sequin top, is one that I've had in my closet for over ten years.  I love being able to pull out oldie but goodies. 

While at the party, I met Kate.  Kate glammed it up with a nice classic black cocktail dress. It was a sheer black lace with a nude underlay belted with a nude ribbon. It even had a classy cutout, protected by the nude underlay.  Cutouts are a hot trend for this season.  I always love black and nude together, in fact, I wore black and nude cocktail dress to our firm's Holiday party last year. Kate definitely picked a winner for the Rock Legal Holiday party this year.  

I realized that I didn't ask who she was wearing.  But is that really important? Another thing that's not important when selecting holiday wear is cliche colors.  When choosing color, don't feel confined to red and green cause it's Christmas or blue for Hanukkah.  In addition to color choices, you have attire choices. You can glam it up with a cocktail dress like Kate or you can opt for a more casual look like I did for this party.  And the best thing about holiday parties in South Florida, no coats necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment