Sunday, March 2, 2014

Kid Fashionistas

I was reading This 4-Year-Old And Her Mom Make Incredible Paper Versions Of Famous Dresses and I was blown away.  Fashionistas come in all ages. Little Mayhem is getting started early and I hope it's a hobby that she can turn into financial support one day. She is located in Ohio, it got me to thinking about kids and their fashions.  




What I like about FashionbyMayhem is that it encourages little Mayhem to be creative and recreate the latest Hollywood looks, but not necessarily to need buy them. It's more about her creative nature and that should be nurtured.  Little girls' interest in fashion can be a tough area to nurture.  You don't want to encourage bad behaviors such as bullying, or becoming label whores.  But you do want to encourage the creativity, and independence they can gain from fashion.  

Nia, my bestie's daughter, is a little fashionista in the making.  She will sit and watch entire episodes of project runway with me. We will discuss the show like two college aged girl friends. I encourage her to wear scarves; what six-year-old do you know is bold enough to dare to wear scarves?  She has her own sense of individuality and will on occasion fight with her parents about what she is wearing.  Totally acceptable for a junior fashionista.  

Who know's I could be hanging out with the next Coco Chanel or Carolina Herrera.  Point is it's important to give kids a healthy dose of encouragement when it comes to fashion. 

And here is Nia in one of her favorite outfits.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment