Monday, November 25, 2013

Staple Pieces


It's November and I live in Florida.  So it's not really autumn, just November.  But as a fashionista I like to stay true to picking my colors of the season, even if I live in this tropical season-less paradise.  I've chosen blues for my fall color; deeper blues from navy to cobalt to electric and royal blue.   Like with color, I am also guided in my shopping and my styling by scarves and hair accessories. They are my staple pieces.  I am usually always wearing one or the other, if not both. 

As you see above I have on a printed, navy and warm toned scarf.  I am also sporting a tweed camel flower in my hair.  I think it personalizes my look because the majority of people neither wear scarves, nor hair accessories.  But because I do like to wear a scarf and hair accessory, I keep it simple with my jewelry. I have to wear earrings, but usually just simple hoops Nothing to detailed. The scarf along with the colors gave me a fall look without the heavy layers.  I was at the beach and it was warm. 

My co-blogger Dustin Zacks, took the picture of me as we were at the "Lake Worth Beach" ArtFest. When he considered what his staple piece was, he settled upon his gold chain and bracelet. 

After talking with festival attendee Marilyn (pictured left), I realized that many people settle on jewelry for staples. Marilyn's staple was her scorpio necklace, because she's a Scorpio.   I suppose you could look at my scarves and hair accessories as jewelry.  


But a staple could be anything.  What do you wear most?  What's your staple?  Jeans?  Black pants?  A particular belt?  



No comments:

Post a Comment